5.26.2010

Sun Salutation

OKAY. Okay. I know. I'm sorry.

Ugh. The truth is, I've been avoiding this post, the final post, because I find myself unexpectedly emotionally and psychologically unprepared to leave. A short 5 months after I began, just as I've found my niche, adopted the language, formed true friendships, and built up one hell of a tan, I have to leave without knowing for certain if and when I'll return. The funniest part is that I've been so vocal about my excitement to return home. I believe the word - my friends Sidney and Deidre know it well - is "bittersweet." I've fallen in love with more than one home and can't see myself leaving either one.

That said, I've compiled a list of the Top 10 things I will miss most about Barcelona as well as the Top 10 things I'm most looking forward to returning to in NYC:

I Will Miss Most:
1. My new friends
2. BBQs at Eddie, Tom, Chris, and Pawel's apartment on the terrace that faces East.
3. Organic
4. Espinning
5. Traveling to new places
6. Lays' "Receta de Campesina" Chips
7. Having nothing to do
8. Way too many holidays
9. Heart health
10. Freedom from technology

I'm Most Looking Forward To:
1. My old friends
2. Laying out on Eddie's Parade
3. Hummus Place
4. Runs in Central Park
5. Exploring more of my own city
6. Cheez-Its, or crackers in general
7. Being productive
8. Sunday hours of operation
9. Lung/sinus health
10. Blackberry

So yeah. That's about all she wrote. I'm not sure whether or not I'll keep this blog up when I get back to the States, but I do promise to write a follow-up post to let you know how the reverse culture shock is going. Though with my already-packed planner full of concerts, dinners, Yankees games, movies, museums, and other cultural excursions, it'll take a lot to shake this city girl.

Thanks for reading this semester and helping me through.

Y te echo de menos, Barcelona. I'll be back soon.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment