I'm all packed up now and just waiting for my 7:30am cab ride to the airport tomorrow morning. Of course, my last couple of hours coincidentally wrapped up my time in Barcelona perfectly. So here ya go:
Just after THE FINAL ESPIN CLASS, I ducked down into the basement to grab a water bottle from the vending machine when I saw one of my dear friends from the "21 Dias" post. He was playing ping-pong with a guy I'd never seen before, and I couldn't hear what they were saying, but my friend was gesturing in my general direction when the other guy asked me, "Es una mentira?"
Well I didn't know what they had been talking about, but I assumed Chuck Norris. So I said yes I knew Chuck Norris and then proceeded to answer the rest of his questions. Yes I am from Texas. Yes he is my neighbor. Yes I've spoken to him before. Yes I've seen him filming "Walker Texas Ranger." No I cannot get him to meet you. I never knew Chuck Norris would contribute so much to my popularity in my Spanish residencia.
Then I joined my roommate Carla and my friend Sandra for dinner. I had something nondescript - pasta, veggies, salad - and we gabbed about New York and Barcelona and the latest residencia gossip. As we were cleaning up our plates and getting ready to leave, I busted out of the caf with a dessert plate of none other than... apple pie.
Obviously I made the girls try this most American dessert ever and a residencia cafeteria first and told them all about Thanksgiving and pies and how unbelievably perfect it was that for THE FINAL MEAL before my return to America, I could enjoy a taste of home.
Then, as we left the cafeteria to head back to our rooms, Sandra looked up at a suddenly cloudy and ominous sky and said, "Ay! Te vas y el cielo llora!"
Indeed, it looks as though Barcelona is mourning my departure, as I do my best to bid a dry goodbye as well. I just hope Barcelona can dry its tears and buck up before my flight tomorrow, because that cannot happen.
<3
5.27.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment