4.14.2010

Week in Review

It's been awhile since my last post, and I like to write somewhat frequently if only to record for myself what I spent my numbered days in Barcelona actually doing. Thanks for all the love and support after my last post. I'm feeling worlds better after a concerted effort to get out and do things (read: eat elsewhere), but a large part of that is thanks to this medium in which I could share my feelings and feel less alone. Mission Accomplished.

Anyway, as soon as I was back in the swing of things, a weekend of 70-degree weather and bright sun sent me running for the beaches of Barcelona. My friend Raelene and I met for a meal at Organic and then spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday doing what we've been waiting to do since arriving in Barcelona: tanning. Well she tanned because she's half-Puerto Rican and I got a little pink because my skin hadn't seen the light of day in quite some time. It was the perfect beach weather. Warm enough to lay out in a bathing suit, but not uncomfortable. I could feel the sun blanketing my body in warmth, and then a breeze would come rushing beneath the blanket before the heat could truly settle onto my skin. So, basically, perfection.



A Saturday BBQ at Eddie's apartment to celebrate his birthday offered a welcome change to my usual dinner routine. I had a grilled chicken and mozzarella sandwich on a toasted baguette. (The sandwich on baguette panini concept is something I'll be bringing back to the States. Along with Nutella and manchego.) Then it was off to watch El Clasico, the Real Madrid v. FC Barcelona game. Rivalry is an understatement. When Barcelona won (obviously), riots broke out. (See my "Barca! Barca! Baaaaaaaarca!" for a refresher on the importance of football in Spain.)

Monday brought rain on my parade (literally), which was fine since I had a lot of catching up to do on the homework I hadn't touched on account of the sun. So I've been shut-in writing a few papers and throwing together a few presentations since then. This weekend will be a wonderful break from school as I venture northward to Bilbao and San Sebastian, where I'll be staying with an old childhood friend of mine with whom a reunion is long overdue.

Be on the lookout for pictures!!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment